Cincinnati Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle Accident Attorney Cincinnati
According to Spectrum News 1, the city of Cincinnati has reported over 103 bicycle accidents since January 2020. Five of these incidents resulted in a catastrophic outcome. With the rising rate of accidents in the city, residents are furiously demanding changes to turn the city into a bike-friendly one.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a devastating bike accident, obtaining immediate medical attention is critical. Afterward, you must find an experienced Cincinnati bicycle accident attorney to help map out your legal course of action. A proficient attorney can help you obtain money from the damages your family received from the tragic accident.
At Richman Law Offices, we have over 25 years of legal experience helping Cincinnati cyclists institute their rights in negligent bike accidents. With our team’s expertise, we can help you recover maximum compensation for the damages you suffered. Don’t let careless drivers get away with hurting you; fight back and get the justice you deserve.
Types of Bicycle Accidents
Bike accidents differ according to the participating parties and the nature of the accident:
- Collision with motor vehicles: Bike accidents involving cars and other motor vehicles are the most common because these vehicles dominate the road. Collisions with motor vehicles occur for various reasons, like driver negligence or recklessness.
- Pedestrian accidents: In other cases, bicycles might collide with crossing pedestrians or joggers on the sidewalks. Factors such as jaywalking pedestrians or defective bicycle equipment or parts might contribute to these accidents.
- Road hazards: Potholes, broken glass, or sharp objects can lead to bike accidents. Dangerous road conditions are the primary cause of roadside accidents with cyclists, and cases like these are usually filed against the city.
As mentioned, Greater Cincinnati reported five deaths related to bicycle accidents in 2020, as reported by Spectrum News 1. In a separate report by Vision Zero Cincinnati, the city documented about 11 cyclist deaths from motor vehicle collisions from 2011 to 2019. These numbers might appear small, but it’s only a glimpse of the bigger picture.
Why You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney
The legal process following a bicycle accident could be pretty tricky to navigate without the assistance of an experienced Cincinnati bicycle accident attorney. Listed below is how a usual bike accident case cascades:
- Seeking immediate medical attention
- Reporting the accident to the authorities
- Obtaining evidence from the accident site (i.e., the other driver’s information, taking photos and video of the accident scene, obtaining witness information, etc.)
- Contacting an expert bike accident lawyer
- Conducting a formal investigation and recovering more evidence
- Filing an insurance claim to the other party’s insurance company
- Negotiating a settlement or filing a lawsuit
- Attending trial and obtaining compensation
Hiring an experienced lawyer ensures that you receive the maximum compensation you deserve. Seasoned Cincinnati attorneys are proficient negotiators and won’t easily sway to the bidding of the other party’s insurance company. Furthermore, they can provide competent legal representation to win your case.
What To Expect from Richman Law Offices
For over 25 years, Richman Law Offices has provided astute and assertive legal solutions for Cincinnati bicycle accident victims. Our team is well-versed in the law and can provide you with an aggressive and curated legal strategy to maximize your cash settlement. With our extensive legal experience and competent skill sets, you can’t expect anything less than stellar with our legal services.
How To Get Started
Reaching our experienced Cincinnati bicycle accident lawyer has never been easier. All you need is to complete our online form or call us at 513-621-0000 and schedule your free consultation. Our representatives are ready to accommodate your request 24/7.
During the consultation, you can bring all the information and evidence you collected in the bike accident. If you plan to call right after the accident, it’s critical to seek medical attention first. After that, you can have someone document the accident if you physically can’t. All the information you can preserve is critical when building your case and reporting to your insurance company.
Request Your Free Consultation With Our Bicycle Accident Attorney in Cincinnati Now
Having the right legal representative to assist with your Cincinnati bike accident case is critical to ensuring a positive outcome for your case. With our comprehensive legal assistance, you can focus on your recovery without worrying about the other driver getting away with what they caused. Schedule your free case evaluation with our experienced Cincinnati bicycle accident attorney today.