Cincinnati Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Richman Law Offices | Cincinnati Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Every year, hundreds of pedestrians in Cincinnati are injured due to accidents. Distracted drivers and other negligent individuals pose a significant threat to the lives of pedestrians.
Richman Law Offices is here to help if you or a loved one in Cincinnati has been seriously injured or killed in a pedestrian accident. Lawyers know what it takes to hold negligent drivers accountable. We can help you seek just compensation for things like medical expenses, time away from work, and emotional trauma. Get in touch with our Cincinnati pedestrian accident attorneys to schedule a free initial consultation.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Accidents involving pedestrians can happen anywhere, from crosswalks and driveways to intersections and parking lots to garages and highways. They’re often hit-and-runs and car or bus collisions. Some of the most typical pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Backup accidents: Most accidents involving vehicles occur when the driver attempts to leave a parking space or a driveway in reverse.
- Intersection accidents: Drivers making a left or right-hand turn are so preoccupied with checking for oncoming traffic and moving into their lane that they may fail to notice a pedestrian already on the street.
- Bus-related accidents: When people are trying to board or alight from a halted bus, pedestrian accidents, especially those involving children, are common.
- Crosswalk accidents: Drivers sometimes fail to notice pedestrians in the crosswalk after the lights have changed.
The motorist is usually to blame when an accident involving a pedestrian occurs. Here are some of the common reasons for accidents:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying regulations regarding traffic and pedestrian crossings
The most recent statistics from the Ohio Department of Transportation show that 5,073 pedestrians had severe injuries due to traffic accidents.
Why You Need a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Several potential legal issues might arise when a pedestrian is injured in an accident, and it’s best to have a personal injury lawyer on your side. Among these issues are:
- Liability: When numerous parties are involved in an accident, determining fault can be difficult.
- Insurance claims: It can be frustrating to file a claim and have the insurance company reject it.
- Comparative negligence: The pedestrian’s actions may have contributed to the incident. The victim’s financial compensation may be affected if they were partially at fault.
- Damages: It can be challenging to put a price on intangible damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost pay.
If you hire a lawyer, they can look into the accident, gather proof of the driver’s negligence, and guide you in navigating the legal process. Our Cincinnati pedestrian accident lawyers can consult with doctors and accident reconstruction specialists to help prove your case and get you the compensation you deserve. While we are open to settling out of court, we will not accept any less than a fair offer. While you focus on recovering, our skilled attorneys will take care of all the details of your claim.
What To Expect From Richman Law Offices
While the immediate aftermath of a pedestrian accident may center on recovery from serious injuries, financial worries can quickly become overwhelming if the victim is unable to return to work and support their family.
When it comes to representing victims of pedestrian accidents, Richman Law Offices has more than 50 years of combined experience. Our team of compassionate lawyers is here to help you every step of the way.
How To Get Started
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident that you believe was caused by another person’s negligence, call Richman Law Offices for a free consultation to discuss your legal options. Let us advise you on how to continue with your case based on our years of legal experience.
Following these steps will boost your chances of receiving fair compensation for the damages you incurred as a result of your pedestrian accident:
- Notify the authorities right away.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Write a full account of what happened.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Report the accident to your insurance company
Contact Richman Law Offices for a Free Consultation
The consequences of a traffic accident involving a pedestrian can be devastating. Most injuries are severe, and some can even cause permanent disability.
After being involved in a pedestrian accident, your best chance of receiving fair financial compensation is through the representation of a Cincinnati pedestrian accident attorney. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and can assist you in filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver.
With our straightforward pedestrian accident case process, Richman Law Offices can tell you exactly how much your case is worth and guide you confidently through the legal system. Contact us today for a free consultation.